Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Golf Links

Golf Links, Shillong
Never played any golf on these famed greens, only a lot of cricket. Wikipedia mentions that it is called the 'Glen Eagle of the East' (I know almost nothing about golf outside the PC games and maybe Tiger Woods, Jyoti Randhawa and others who feature in the sports pages). This wettest 18-holed beauty (no pun intended) is over a century old, established in 1898 (only 9 holes then) and converted to its present 18-hole glory in 1924.

9 Comments:

dwaipayan said...

i have been there. and i used to be a good golfer(in my tv game)

Gypsy said...

hey did u try ur hand at golf as u r already at such a wonderful place?

Anonymous said...

remember walking through the freshly mown grass.. here.. SIGH

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I really don't know much about Golf either!

Btw, did you manage to see the video?

Abaniko said...

Somewhere I read: Golf is just an expensive way of playing marbles.

Rita said...

I do not know anything about Golf, but yes, that place sure looks great! :)
Abainiko: That is interesting :)

San said...

ah i'm more of a crazy golf fan :)

AquaM said...

lol..abhaniko! Dat just sums it up.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Pants information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!